One of my reoccurring cravings is Chinese food. I love it all… and now I have found a great way to satisfy this craving! On top of that, it is easy to make and healthy!
Looks at those MACROS! Add rice (brown or white) for higher crabs. The sodium is rather high for a homemade meal, but for the general public, this level of sodium will not be a huge issue. Just be sure to consume lots of water. If you have an issue with sodium or you have your nutrition 110% dialed in, then this might not be a great meal for you. It is, on the other hand, much lower sodium than this same meal would be from a Chinese restaurant or a frozen bag at the grocery store.
Okay… let us get down to it.
- Crockpot liners
- Four meal prep containers (unless serving right away)
- 1.25-1.5 pounds flank steak, cut across the grain
- 1 cup (low sodium) beef broth
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup aminos (or just use more soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (I will sometimes use slightly more)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 cups broccoli florets
Step 1: Prepare slow cooker (use the bags! or nonstick spray). Place cut steak into slow cooker.
Step 2: In a small blow stir together beef broth, soy sauce, aminos, rice vinegar, honey, red pepper flakes (to taste), and garlic.
Step 3: Pour mixture over steak.
Step 4: Cook for 1.5 – 2 hours on low.
Step 5: Near the end of the cooking time, combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup water. Pour that into the crock pot and mix well.
Step 6: Pour broccoli on top. Cook on low for another 1-1.5 hours or until broccoli is tender.
Step 7: Serve or divide up. It makes 4 servings (NOTE: this does NOT freeze well)
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup brown rice (this is my favorite)
- Cauliflower rice or cauliflower fried rice
- With a salad
- With egg drop soup (I use one that I buy form a local grocery store… I haven’t tried to make a homemade one)
- Alone 🙂
If you try it, let me know below how you like this recipe and what you paired it with!